We’re looking for an experienced Senior WordPress/WooCommerce PHP & JS developer with a proven track record of creating and deploying custom plugins in WordPress and with a high knowledge of how WordPress and WooCommerce works.
You’ll be a key part of the team creating new plugins, new features, improving, squashing bugs, and helping us rapidly iterate on our e-commerce tools that are used by over 50,000+ stores worldwide.
Location: Anywhere as long as you have coverage on AEST timezone
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: WooCommerce Extensions
Interested? See “How To Apply” below to learn more.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter, keen for a technical challenge and open to learning new things.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English. You don’t let things through the cracks. We believe that communication is CRITICAL to success.
- You are passionate about WordPress/WooCommerce and are excited to work on something that will affect thousands.
- You take pride in the quality of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other developers.
- You’re happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, and love tackling tasks that require both.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes – from fixing bugs to building large features.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Backlog triage (sorting sprints, bugs, and enhancements).
- Scoping, writing, and testing new product features and add-ons.
- Sprint management and managing your time to make release dates.
- Refactoring legacy code with a particular attention to backwards compatibility and future proofing.
- Supporting and providing feedback to team mates in the form of code reviews.
- Communicating with the team using chat, audio, and video.
Other handy skills:
- Professional experience working with WordPress and/or WooCommerce plugin development, architecture, and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP including best practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, interfaces, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with package managers such as Composer/NPM.
- Experience working with APIs (eg. WooCommerce/WordPress API, Drip, Zapier, Stripe, etc).
- Comfortable with version control through Git (using Github).
- Ability to conceptualize, iterate, and ship ideas quickly to a high standard.
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot and narrow down bugs.
- Able to be user centric and always keep the customer’s experience and expectations in mind.
- Previous experience working remotely or freelance.
- Experience using Docker for development environments.
What we offer
Our company is fast-growing and we’re looking to make key hires to move even faster. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team of smart and enthusiastic people who believe in the mission of democratising e-commerce for even the smallest players.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive salary in your region, paid promptly into your bank account in your own currency with no third party fees or international conversion.
- We pay for private health care for full-time employees (with a local health company in your country).
- Work from your home office. Our team is spread out all over the world – mostly in Australia, Philippines & Indonesia.
- Annual paid vacation leave for full-time employees. We encourage employees to take the time they need to stay healthy, and to spend time with family.
- Extra days off for Easter/Eid/Christmas and New Year. Plus, your birthday day off.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave for full-time employees.
- We happily provide online courses to interested staff to promote continued learning. We also conduct regular internal training.
- The opportunity to solve meaningful problems for people who rely on our software to run their business (and by extension support their families too).
- A company provided laptop on your 5 year anniversary with us.
- We cover the costs of company related travel (including our annual all-company retreat).
Location & Other Requirements
This is a remote position – our team is spread out all over the world. The company is based in Brisbane, Australia so company operating hours are 9am to 5pm AEST (UTC +10). While you don’t have to cover that exact timezone, you must be available during a portion of the day for informal/formal meetings & work assignments. We also have regular team meetings at set times that you must attend.
- Your own modern laptop or desktop computer system.
- You need to be capable of running any required development tools, local servers, etc, without slowing down or causing restrictions in your work.
- Preferably using Windows 10, MacOS, or Linux.
- Fast broadband internet connection & a backup wireless/mobile internet connection.
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between 9am to 5pm AEST.
- A webcam and quiet place to work – the team frequently conducts video and screenshare meetings throughout our work.
At Rymera Web Co, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.