Location: Worldwide/remote (Australian Company)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: WordPress/WooCommerce plugins
Company: Rymera Web Co
As a Software QA Engineer, you’re responsible for creating test plans and executing automation using Cypress for our set of WordPress/WooCommerce extensions. Thousands of store owners are using and relying on these products in their e-commerce businesses everyday.
You will join a team of dedicated developers and product leaders to creating new features, enhancing existing ones, squashing bugs, and helping us rapidly expand our much loved tools for store owners.
Interested? See “How To Apply” below to learn more before applying.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter, keen for a technical challenge and open to learning new things.
- You are a naturally curious person with an eye for detail.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English. We believe communication is CRITICAL to success.
- You are passionate about automation and e-commerce are excited to work on something that will affect hundreds of thousands of people.
- You love getting to the root cause of problems and spotting things along the way.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other testers.
- As a senior person you are happy jumping between tasks and helping out wherever you can.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes – from testing small bug fixes and enhancements to creating testing plans for large features/rewrites.
- Creating test plans for new product features and add-ons.
- Understanding the Critical Path of users.
- Writing automation test scripts in Cypress (using BDD/Gherkin syntax and straight CypressJS).
- Bug and enhancement ticket testing.
- Regression testing.
- Compatibility testing our tools new releases of upstream products we rely on (WordPress/WooCommerce/3rd Party Plugins).
- Providing feedback to developers and working with them closely to resolve issues.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers using chat, audio, and video.
Other handy skills:
- Professional experience working with WordPress and/or WooCommerce plugin development, testing and/or support.
- Familiarity with package managers such as Composer/NPM.
- Comfortable with Git version control (using Github).
- Experience working with APIs (eg. WooCommerce/WordPress API, Zapier, Stripe, etc).
- Ability to conceptualize, iterate, and ship quickly.
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot and narrow down bugs.
- Be user centric and always keep the customer’s experience and expectations in mind.
- Previous experience working remotely or freelance.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Advanced proficiency with automated testing frameworks (Cypress, Nightwatch, Selenium).
- Experience with WooCommerce.
- Agile/scrum workflow methodology experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Docker/containers.
What we offer:
Our company is fast-growing and completely bootstrapped. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team of smart and enthusiastic people who believe in the mission of democratising e-commerce for even the smallest players. There’s no freeloaders on our team and we all bring the bacon.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid health insurance for full-time employees (regionalised to your part of the world).
- Work from home. We’re spread out all over the world – mostly in Australia, Philippines & Indonesia.
- Annual paid time off for full-time employees. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave for full-time employees.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as online courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve meaningful problems for people who rely on our software to run their businesses (and by extension support themselves and their families).
- Company provided laptop on your 5 year anniversary.
- We cover costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat)
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business in a fast paced environment.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks!
Location & Other Requirements
This is a remote position – our team is spread out all over the world. The company is based in Brisbane, Australia so company operating hours are 9am to 5pm AEST (UTC +10). While it’s not required that you cover that exact timezone, you must be available during a portion of the day for informal/formal meetings & work assignments.
- Fast modern laptop/desktop computer system.
- You need to be capable of running any required development tools, local servers, etc, without slowing down or causing restrictions in your work. No pirated operating systems or other non-legit softwares.
- Preferably using Windows 10/11, MacOS, or Linux.
- Fixed broadband internet connection (Ideally a fiber connection for stability + access to a backup).
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between 9am to 5pm AEST.
- A webcam and a quiet place to work – the team frequently conducts video and screenshare meetings throughout our work.
At Rymera Web Co, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If this sounds like a great fit for you, then please submit your application via email to email@example.com.
Please clearly include the following information in your cover letter/application:
- Demonstrate/explain your QA testing and other experience, especially as it relates to WordPress/WooCommerce.
- When it comes to QA testing, what is one of your favorite tools in your toolkit and why?
- Tell us a bit about yourself. Why should you be considered for this role? Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Profile links if available (Personal website, Github, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc).
Also note, don’t forget to proofread your application before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out from the crowd 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to each and every application, but if we feel you are a strong match, someone will be in touch with you shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a simple testing challenge.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!