As part of the application process, you’ve been requested to complete the following challenge.
If you have any questions please respond to the last email you received from our team.
Challenge: Custom Post Type/API Based WordPress Plugin
You will be creating a custom WordPress plugin that creates a “movies” custom post type that is exposed through a REST API.
- Create a “Movies” custom post type
- The post type should have a title, a movie description, and the year it was released
- Please provide example data for at least 20 entries
- Add Movies as a top level menu on the backend
- Provide a way to view a list of the movies on the backend
- Provide a way to edit a movie on the backend
- Expose the movies custom post types via a REST API.
- The API endpoint must reside at [site url]/wp-json/rymera/v1/movies
- API endpoint to read all movies
- API endpoint to read a single movie with the relevant data given
- All these API endpoints should only be accessible by logged in users.
- Non logged in users should not be able to access these endpoints.
- Ensure to properly escape, sanitize, and validate data in each step as appropriate using built in PHP and WordPress functions.
- Ensure all user facing strings/text are translatable.
- The code you submit should not be built with/by/from nor use boilerplate templates/libraries/code.
- Use modern PHP approaches/architecture (example: OOP, autoloading, PSR4, Composer, etc).
- Your submission should be a fully functional WordPress plugin meeting the requirements listed above.
- Do not rush! Your code will be used to gauge your abilities and your attention to detail (one of our core values).
Submit Your Code
form goes here